SpeedCharts and SpeedTypes are currently available in PeopleSoft. These are shortcuts for combinations of chartfields that are used frequently. The use of these shortcuts can greatly increase transaction entry efficiency and reduce errors. It is important to note that not every crosswalk combination has a SpeedChart/SpeedType. We have limited it to Internal Projects, Grants, Construction, and A Funds for departments.
The transactions that will have these shortcuts available are:
- SpeedCharts - Payment Requests and Requisitions
- SpeedTypes - Journals, Budget Journals, and Deposits
For example, you can select a SpeedChart on a Payment Request when adding the Accounting Details. The SpeedChart populates the Operating Unit, Department, Fund Code, and Class as shown below. You must still enter the Account. Also if using project funds, the Analysis Type must be added as the SpeedChart functionality does not populate this field.
There are three types of SpeedCharts/ SpeedTypes to choose from:
- A Type for Activity USCIP - An example is A100010001 for the Chemistry/TANG Startup Project.
- P Type for Project USCSP and USCCP - An example is P10001104 for the Ed Foundation Children's Center.
- D Type for Departmental A0001 - An example is D130200A for the Chemistry & Biochemistry Department.
For a more detailed explanation view the SpeedCharts, SpeedTypes, and Combo Edits PowerPoint Presentation and Webinar Recording. Both can be found on the Resource page. If you have any questions after viewing these resources email firstname.lastname@example.org.