- Up to $2,000 for creative programs, events and academic multicultural initiatives that foster collaborative partnerships and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all dimensions of identity
- Open to students, registered student clubs and organizations, faculty and staff
- New initiatives that include collaborative proposals will be favorably considered
- Applications open year-round. The funding cycle is September 1-August 31.
The Diversity and Inclusive Excellence Grant Fund is established and supported by the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to encourage new, and strengthen existing, diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. Successful applicants will be granted awards of up to $2,000 for creative programs, events and academic multicultural initiatives that foster collaborative partnerships and encourage diversity, equity, and inclusion across all dimensions of identity.
Applications are open to students, registered student clubs and organizations, faculty and staff. New initiatives that include collaborative proposals will be favorably considered. To ensure that widest impact possible, it may be necessary to limit the number of awards granted to the same office, unit, program, or individuals during a given funding cycle.
UofSC community members seeking support for research projects relating to race and racial justice should seek funding through the Racial Justice and Equity Research Fund.
ODEI retains discretion in determining funding level based upon review of submitted application criteria and fund goals/objectives.
Funds will not be provided for:
- Non-academic or entirely social events (e.g. balls, banquets, parties)
- Fund-raising activities or charitable events
- Organizations that have a consistent base of substantial funding (e.g UofSC Student Government funding)
- University transportation (in accordance with University liability insurance regulations)
- Payment for food items
- Study abroad experiences unless a significant academic multicultural opportunity has been clearly identified, that goes above and beyond the study abroad experience
- Dissertation research
- Scholarship competitions, awards, presentation ceremonies and banquets
- Profit-making events
- Experiences used for academic credit
- Pay university staff, faculty, administrators or students and will not be awarded for travel or proposals related to research projects.
The proposal must be submitted at least 60 days in advance of the educational projects, programs and activities start date.
Proposals will be reviewed, approved/denied within two weeks of submission by the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. If additional information is needed, a member of the ODEI staff may request to meet with the contacts.
Funding will be distributed throughout the academic year and must be used in the same fiscal year (September 1-August 31). All projects that receive grant funding must be completed prior to the end of the funding cycle (August 31).
Applicants must disclose any additional funding received. Funds awarded must be used for the intended purpose and abide by all UofSC fiscal policies and procedures.