The University of South Carolina is committed to collecting survey data every two years to evaluate our progress on addressing campus climate issues. To date, we have collected data in Spring 2016 and Spring 2018 to evaluate our progress and identify areas of improvement.
University scholars agree — students, faculty and staff thrive in inclusive environments, both socially and academically, where diversity is respected and the general principles of civility are practiced.
Your feedback has helped to inform the ways in which we are, or are not, living up to our values expressed in the Carolinian Creed. We will continuously work to foster a respectful, inclusive university community and improve the working and learning environment at South Carolina.
Survey Administration and Confidentiality
- Surveys are sent via email to all undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty and staff of the USC Columbia campus.
- Participation is completely voluntary.
- While responses are not anonymous, they are completely confidential, thus honest feedback is truly valued.
- Respondents are permitted to skip any questions that make them uncomfortable.
Results and Transparency
- Survey results will not be reported in any form that would identify an individual.
- Results will be used by faculty and administrators to make tangible improvements to the experiences of all students in our university community.
- We are also committed to transparency. As such, information on our previous climate surveys are posted for you to review.