The USC Blackboard handouts listed here have been developed by Teaching and Technology Services (TTS) unless indicated otherwise. The USC Blackboard login site is at https://blackboard.sc.edu. Access is by USC network username and password.
If you have any questions or need help with Blackboard, you can contact Teaching and Technology Services at 803-777-6015 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. You may also call the University Technology Services Helpdesk at 803-777-1800.
- Blackboard Basics [pdf] - Instructions for setting up your Blackboard password on VIP; posting announcements, course materials, assignments; adding teaching assistants; communicating with e-mail; and using the Gradebook.
- Introduction for Students [pdf] - Information about accessing course documents, participating in discussion boards and chat rooms, using the digital dropbox, and creating a personal homepage.
- Using Blackboard Communication Tools [pdf] - Information about planning and managing electronic communication tools used in the classroom such as digital dropbox, announcements, discussion boards, virtual classrooms, and live chat.
- Faculty Chat Handout [pdf] - Mostly a graphical document for faculty that provides information about recording and archiving a discussion.
- Student Chat Handout [pdf] - Information about the virtual classroom and the lightweight chat from the student perspective.
- Course Customization [pdf] - Information about additional course customization functionality such as adding a course banner, adding tools to a content area, adding/deleting/renaming content areas, and changing the order of button/links.
- Assignment Manager [pdf] - Information about creating an assignment, grading individual assignments, and downloading assignments by groups.
- Assessments [pdf] - Information about creating quizzes, tests, and surveys, using question pools and the Gradebook.
- Test [pdf] - The basics on testing in Blackboard and making test creation easier.
- Content System [pdf] - Information about adding and sharing content on the Blackboard Content System, defining and monitoring a workflow activity, and linking content from the Blackboard Content System to classes on Blackboard.
- Preparing e-Portfolios [pdf] - Information about the use of the Blackboard Content System by faculty to create Portfolios including types of portfolio content, preparing portfolio content, creating a portfolio, and tools for managing a portfolio.
- College of Ed e-Portfolio Handout [pdf] - Information about creating e-Portfolios including adding content to My Content container, creating the e-Portfolio, and adding content to this e-Portfolio.
- College of Ed Portfolio Planning Document [pdf] - A portfolio planning checklist with useful suggestions for each page of an e-Portfolio.
- Sharing e-Portfolios [pdf] - Sharing e-Portfolios.
- Teams LX Instructor Manual [pdf] - From Learning Objects, Inc. about creating a wiki on your Blackboard site.
- Journal LX Instructor Manual [pdf] - From Learning Objects, Inc. about the use of blogs on your Blackboard site.
- Blackboard Innovative Teaching Series - A training initiative to help augment internal training efforts. Harnessing its community of Blackboard users, BITS shares the top strategies and pedagogy for both increasing educator efficiency and improving learning outcomes
- Division of Information Technology Quick Help Guide