Virtual Environments Assistant
The Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) provides professional development, pedagogical, and instructional design support for all who teach at USC, whether online or face-to-face. CTE is looking for a student to provide administrative and technical support for CTE’s virtual environments initiatives, including 360° video, augmented reality, and immersive virtual reality. This is a 10 hour per week temporary hire position, in which an individual can earn up to $15/hr. No tuition assistance or benefits will be provided.
The Virtual Environments Assistant will:
- Execute a variety of administrative, clerical, technical, and service functions related to this initiative.
- Provide technical support to faculty and students on the use of virtual environments technologies.
- Teach faculty, staff, and/or students how to use virtual environments technologies.
- Assist with the development and review of instructional materials, accessible documents, videos, and/or other resources for virtual environments technologies.
- Work with CTE staff to promote the use of CTE’s virtual environments resources.
- Assist as needed with CTE presentations, workshops, symposia, and special events.
- Attend Virtual Environments Community of Practice meetings and contribute to discussions.
- Enrolled in a degree program at USC.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of virtual environments technologies (360° video, immersive virtual reality tools and computers (VIVE, Oculus, Hololens, etc.), and augmented reality), including use of equipment and creation of content.
- The ability to take direction, initiate action, and work as a team member.
- Ability to effectively organize work activities, with attention to details, and prioritize task completion according to schedules and goals.
- Must be able to exercise excellent professional judgment and discretion.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with or demonstrated interest in higher education instructional technology and teaching; application of virtual technologies in the classroom; immersive VR gaming (playing, creating content); video editing/voice-over software; project administration experience; experience with VR and AR creation software (Unity, Amazon Sumerian, HP Reveal, etc.)
To apply, please submit the following information no later than Thursday, December 8, 2022, via email to Aisha Haynes at email@example.com:
- Letter of Interest
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for two references
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Questions and Contact Information
Aisha Haynes, EdD
Center for Teaching Excellence
University of South Carolina