Quality Assurance Guidelines
The university's quality assurance standards for online courses are based on the Quality Matters™ Higher Education (HE) Course Design Rubric Standards. The Provost's Committee on Distributed Learning, which includes a broad representation of faculty from USC colleges and campuses involved in distributed learning, adopted QM as its quality benchmark after a year-long process of study and deliberation. The university's Quality Assurance guidelines consist of 49 specific standards. To request a copy of the university’s standards, email us at email@example.com.
The QM Higher Education Rubric includes 8 general standards and 43 specific standards. On the Rubric, each specific standard is assigned a point value; however, the instructional designers will not be 'scoring' your course. In addition to the general and specific standards, each specific standard has annotations that explain the application of the standards and the relationship among them. Helpful examples of the application of the standards are also provided.
To see the QM standards annotations:
Create a MYQM account:
- Go to MyQM
- Input your UofSC email address
- Select “No, I am new here”
- Select Sign In
- Input all required information and select Create Account. [If more than one institution is found with the name provided, please select the institution your account should be affiliated from the list returned, then select Create Account.]
View the QM HE standards annotations:
- Log into MyQM
- Click on MyCR icon located on the top menu
- Select Start a Self-Review
- Select a Custom Rubric from the drop-down menu
- Click Begin Self-Review button
- Scroll through standards and click (Annotation) below each standard. A pop-up box with the Annotation will open. Click the X to return to the standards.