Part-Time Job Opening
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and teaching support to both the Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) Training Program Manager and the Associate Director in the Center for Teaching Excellence. This is a 15-20 hour per week, $15/hour position for Summer and Fall 2019 with possible extension through Spring 2020. No tuition assistance or benefits will be provided. Projected start date is July 1, 2019.
The GTA Program Assistant will:
- Assist GTA/IA Training Program Manager in managing GRAD 701 Blackboard course, including maintaining a database of graduate TA participation in events and other data, development of GRAD 701 course online resources and grading of student assignments.
- Execute a variety of administrative, clerical, technical and service functions to assist with managing the GTA/IA Training Program.
- Provide research assistance to the Associate Director and Program Manager on teaching pedagogy and best practices, literature reviews, instructional services and workshop participation trends as projects warrant.
- Assist the Program Manager and other CTE Staff with development of instructional materials, videos and resources.
- Handle other duties as assigned by the Associate Director, GTA/IA Training Program Manager or CTE Director.
- Master’s degree or enrollment in a Master’s degree program at USC.
- Minimum of one semester teaching or instructional assistant (GTA/IA) experience or equivalency.
- Completion of GRAD 701 Teaching Assistant Development course (or departmental equivalent).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and Blackboard.
- The ability to take direction, initiate action and work as a team member.
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively organize work activities and prioritize task completion according to schedules and goals.
- The individual must be able to exercise excellent professional judgment and discretion.
Master’s degree, and coursework or demonstrated interest, in higher education pedagogy, instructional technology, or a related field.
To apply, please submit the following information by 5 p.m. Monday, June 3, 2019 to the email listed below.
- Letter of Interest
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for two references
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Dr. Michelle L. Hardee
Center for Teaching Excellence
University of South Carolina
(803) 777-1975 or 8322