Host Tabling Events
These events are located in targeted areas around campus, connecting you with your target student population. Tabling events will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. All requests should be scheduled through Handshake. During the Fall semester, tabling events will be available September through December. During the Spring semester, information sessions will be available February through May.
Host Information Sessions
Information Sessions will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. All requests should be scheduled through Handshake. During the Fall semester, information sessions will be available September through November. During the Spring semester, information sessions will be available February through May. These sessions will be held in the Career Center, located in Thomas Cooper Library, or the College of Engineering and Computing satellite location, in Swearingen. Note: A two-hour minimum tabling event is required prior to hosting an information session.
- Create an account or log into your existing account in Handshake, our online recruiting system.
- If you are a new employer or contact, your Handshake profile will be reviewed and approved within 72 hours.
- Once you are approved, log in and select the “Events” link on the left bar of your Handshake homepage. Select “Request Event” in the top right toolbar to post your event request. Note: events will not be approved until campus space has been confirmed.
- Select "New Event Request" from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the requested information, and click "Save and Continue." Your request will be submitted to our office. Once processed, a member of our team will contact you.
Connect with Specific Departments or Organizations
The Career Center staff will work with employers to make connections with academic departments and student groups relevant to your recruiting needs to collaborate on these events. For example, many of our academic departments have student leadership organizations and/or student affiliates of professional organizations.