About the Program
- Duration: March 5 - March 13, 2022
- Course listing: UNIV 290 - "International Healthcare: Service Learning in Guatemala"
- Course credit: 1 hour, elective
- This will be a spring course in which you will meet as a class once a week (Wednesday 10:50 -11:40 a.m.)
- Program Leaders: Dr. Patrick Hickey with student leaders Amanda Dearborn and Gabby Gee
- Hands-on experience (collecting healthcare histories, obtaining vital signs, performing diagnostics, dispensing medications, etc.)
- Evening classes (medical Spanish, tropical diseases, suturing/wound closure, medications, etc.)
- Opportunities to adventure in Guatemala, including a zip-lining, a boat tour, hiking, or simply shipping and enjoying the local culture.
- Program fee: $1800 (includes all meals, excursions, in-country transportation, lodging, guides, training seminars, presentations and lectures).
- Other costs: Round trip airfare (~$800-$1,000), medical and travel insurance (~$70), Study Abroad Office application fee ($150), 1 credit hour of tuition, passport and personal spending.
These are a great chance to meet Dr. Hickey, learn about the application process and more of what to expect from the program. Please visit our calendar to view upcoming sessions for this coming fall semester. Attendance is not mandatory in order to apply!
The application is live and will close on October 24 at noon.
Apply now »