- Duration: March 4-12, 2023
- Course listing: UNIV 290: “Sustainability of Earth and Self”
- This course will include class meetings on Thursdays 10:05-11:20 AM during the first half of the Spring semester
- Course credit: 1 hour
- Program Leaders: Jessie McNevin, Lizzie Dunsmore
- Our nine days will be divided between the rain forest near La Fortuna and the coastal town of Manuel Antonio.
- Stay at a state-of-the-art eco-lodge and sample delicious tropical fruits.
- Experience adventure activities like zip-lining through a cloud forest and whitewater rafting.
- Learn new approaches to stress as we take part in morning yoga, routine journaling, and daily hikes.
$1,695 includes 8 breakfasts, 3 lunches ,and 8 dinners, most in-country transportation, lodging, guides, and activities. Adventure Grant can be applied to reduce program fee to $695
Does not include:
- Round trip airfare (~$750)
- Required insurance abroad ($30)
- Education Abroad Application Fee ($150)
- Optional surf lesson ($60)
- Tuition costs
These are a great chance to meet your program leaders, learn about the application process and more of what to expect from the program. Please visit our calendar to view upcoming sessions for this coming fall semester. Attendance is not mandatory in order to apply! In-person info sessions will take place at the Capstone Scholars Office (13 Gibbes Court).
Thurs. October 6 (10:30-11:30am): Info Session
Mon. October 10 (3-4pm):
Tues. October 18 (10-11am): Info Session (Virtual Option)
Application closes Sunday, October 23.
If you have further questions about this opportunity, feel free to email Jessie McNevin.