Rental Shop Hours
Monday through Friday: 4 - 8 p.m.
The Bike Shop offers repairs and clinics for USC students, faculty and staff.
Equipment Rental List
See all equipment available to rent with daily and weekly prices.
Make a Reservation
Reservations can be made in person at the rental shop in the Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center (Room 120).
- Rental equipmnt is available to all USC Columbia students, faculty and staff. You'll need to present your CarolinaCard at check out.
- The renter will be the only person allowed to pick up and return reserved equipment.
- We reserve the right to refuse to rent to you if you abuse our service.
- Payment is due at the time of reservation to secure your rental. You can pay by cash, check or CarolinaCard.
- You can reserve equipment up to one week in advance.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, we will give you a refund.
- You'll need to present your CarolinaCard at check out.
- You are responsible for checking the equipment prior to departure.
- We can help secure a water craft to your vehicle, but you are responsible for any damage that may occur to your vehicle while transporting the water craft.
- Rented items must be returned clean and dry and in the same condition as when they were checked out.
- Check-in will take 10 to 15 minutes. Rented equipment must be looked over thoroughly before it can be checked in.
- Items checked out for the weekend are due back the following Monday.
- Items checked out for a week are due back seven days after the rental date.
- If you don't return your equipment on the due date, you'll be charged $5 every day the item is late. If your piece of equipment is less than $5, you'll be charged the price of the item each day the item is late.
- If you don't return your equipment after seven days, or have outstanding late fees after seven days, we will put an academic hold on your account.
Cleaning and Repair Fee
- If your equipment requires cleaning or repair, we will charge you a flat $25 damage and cleaning fee.
Caring for Equipment
- Tents and Sleeping Bags: Don't set up tents or use sleeping bags near a fire. Embers can burn or melt the nylon, resulting in a damage charge.
- Boats, Surfboards and SUPs: Don't stand or sit on boats, surfboards or SUPs while they're on the ground. You may puncture the equipment, resulting in a damage charge.