In addition to sports clubs, which travel and compete with other schools, current University of South Carolina students, faculty, staff, spouses, and CarolinaCard-holding Gamecock Gateway/EPI students can participate in on-campus intramural sports. Anyone can play intramurals – whether you lettered in high school, or have never kicked a ball.
The corec, fraternity, men’s, sorority and women’s teams are recreational and usually have one game per week (3 – 4 games per season). Games typically occur after 3 p.m. on weekdays and Sunday afternoons or evenings.
Leagues and Tournaments Offered
- Basketball – 3 v 3 (Fall)
- Basketball – 5 v 5 (Spring)
- Bowling – 4 v 4 (Fall & Spring)
- Dodgeball – 6 v 6 (Fall)
- Dodgeball – 8 v 8 (Spring)
- Flag Football – 4 v 4 (Spring)
- Flag Football – 7 v 7 (Fall)
- Floor Hockey – 6 v 6 (Spring)
- Futsal - 5 v 5 (Spring)
- Golf Scramble – 4 Person (Fall & Spring)
- Kickball (Fall & Spring)
- Racquetball (Fall & Spring)
- Soccer - Indoor – 5 v 5 (Fall)
- Soccer - Outdoor – 7 v 7 (Spring)
- Softball – 10 v 10 (Fall & Spring)
- Ultimate Frisbee – 7 v 7 (Spring)
- Volleyball - Indoor – 6 v 6 (Fall)
- Volleyball - Sand – 4 v 4 (Fall & Spring)
- Table Tennis (Fall & Spring)
- Tennis (Fall & Spring)
- Wiffleball – 6 v 6 (Spring)
- Dodgeball Tournament - 6 v 6 (Fall)
- Pool Battleship Tournament (Fall & Spring)
- Spikeball Tournament - 2 v 2 (Spring)
Weather Cancellations (RecCheck Hotline)
5 Steps to a Winning Intramural Experience
- Choose which sport(s) you would like to play.
- Find teammates through your residence hall, clubs, organizations, classes. You can also email the intramural sports office at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional options to form a team.
- Have a team representative (captain) visit the intramural sports office (Strom WFC room 201-D) to register your team before the deadline. The intramural sports office accepts cash, check, and Carolina Cash for team payments.
- Once registered, create your team on www.imleagues.com and invite your teammates to join your team.
- Follow us on Instagram @uofsc_campusrec for the latest updates and HAVE FUN!