General Rules and Etiquette
Follow staff instructions and practice courtesy toward others at all times. Participants failing to adhere to the the rules will be asked to leave the facility.
- Only closed athletic shoes are allowed in strength and conditioning areas.
- No flip flops, sandals, Crocs, scrubs, water shoes, hard-soled shoes, string tank tops, cut-off tank tops, mesh tank tops, jeans or pants with visible zippers.
- Clothing must be clean and free of mud, dirt and grass.
- While there is no time limit for using a machine, please limit use to 30 minutes when others are waiting.
- Do not move equipment, and return your weights and barbells to their racks.
- Wipe off equipment when finished.
- If you notice a machine isn't working properly, please notify a staff member.
- Book bags, valuables, and excess clothing need to be placed in the area provided. Please use the lockers available in the Men’s and Women’s locker rooms when possible.
- Spotters are required on the following lifts: bench press, military press, decline bench, incline bench, and heavy dumbbell exercises. Please provide your own spotter or ask for assistance from the weight room supervisor on duty.
- Use of equipment other than its designed function is prohibited. Users unfamiliar with the operation of any of the exercise machines or weight equipment should contact the supervisor on duty for assistance.
- Do not drop weight plates or dumbbells. Use a weight that you can control or have your spotter help you safely lower the weights.
- Fitness towels are not for personal use. They are provided to wipe sweat off the machines and weight benches. Appropriate attire for workout is required at all times. Bare feet, socks, sandals, and nonathletic shoes are not permitted. Shirts are required at all times.
- Profanity or abusive behavior will not be tolerated. Offenders will be asked to leave.
- Users should always inspect exercise equipment for loose, frayed or worn parts before use. If in doubt, do not use the equipment. Report all equipment problems to a staff member.
- Please return all weights to the racks and spaces provided after use. Weights left out are a safety hazard, as well as an inconvenience to other users of the weight room.
- Personal radios are not permitted without headphones. The supervisor will be in control of the radio provided and appropriate music will be played.
- Children under age of 16 are not permitted in the weight activity area.
- Use of weight room and exercise equipment is restricted to USC students, staff, alumni, spouses, and dependents (16 years or older) with family memberships.
Lost and Found
Lost and found items are located at the equipment issue desk on the bottom floor, beside the indoor pool.