- Wear face coverings:
- Face coverings are required while moving throughout Campus Recreation facilities*
- Users are required to wear face coverings during exercise, however; face coverings may be pulled down or removed while swimming, participating in cardio activities, or while performing (or recovering from) strenuous exercise that causes respiratory distress. Users should strive to remain physically distant from others while mask is removed.
- Research from the American Council on Exercise has determined most people can exercise safely with a cloth face covering, provided that they do not have a pre-existing lung or cardiovascular issues and are monitoring their body's reaction to the workout.
- Reservations are required for the Campus Recreation Weight Rooms, Group X Classes,
Climbing Wall, Adventure Trips, Athletic Training Clinic, and Indoor Pool lanes
- Users must create an account and login to IMLeagues using their UofSC email
- At the top of the page, select the appropriate tab: Intramurals, Fitness, Adventure Trips, or Aquatics/Climbing Wall/AT Clinic
The university considers participation in Campus Recreation programs a purely voluntary activity and individuals participate at their own risk. Participants should be aware of the possibilities of bodily injury and should understand that they are responsible for any and all costs arising out of injury or property damage sustained through participation.
The Blatt Physical Education Center and Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center exist in order to provide appropriate academic and recreational facilities for use by the university’s students, faculty, staff, and guests.
The University of South Carolina is committed to providing a safe educational environment for everyone, cultivating a community that fosters respect for the dignity and rights of all persons. Therefore, hazing will not be tolerated by any group or individual affiliated with the University.
Students, faculty, and staff with a valid CarolinaCard may rent outdoor recreation equipment from the Outdoor Recreation Hub during scheduled office hours.
The Outdoor Recreation Trip Program and Clinics have inherent risks which help create the adventure.
Outside user groups are defined as any group consisting of individuals other than students, faculty, staff, alumni membership holders, or family membership holders. Also, any non-academic programs designed to raise revenue or where fees or dues are levied are considered to be outside user groups. Outside user groups are allowed access to the Blatt Physical Education Center and outside space on an availability basis.
The Activity Area Rules and guidelines can help you prevent injury, focus on your workout, and protect yourself and others.
The department of Campus Recreation prohibits the practice of hyperventilating and extended breath-holding activities at the Strom Thurmond Wellness & Fitness Center and Solomon Blatt Physical Education Center pools.
- Reservations are required to attend classes. You must register through IMLeagues.
- No show policy – Missing more than two classes per month will result in a seven day suspension from registering for Group X classes. Repeated violations of this policy may result in extended suspensions.
- Arriving Late – No one will be allowed to enter a class more than five minutes after the start time due to safety concerns.
- Class Times are Subject to Change – All schedules are subject to change. Classes may be cancelled temporarily and permanently based on low attendance or other reasons. Check IMLeagues.com
- Personal Belongings - A personal water bottle, personal exercise mat, and exercise towel are permitted.
- Cell Phones and Electronics – Using your cell phone or other personal electronics is prohibited during class.
Participants should review the most up-to-date Intramural Sports Participation Manual.