Advising DEI Committee Charge
- Assemble a team of advisors from across the University to share passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion and foster positive change.
- Develop a diversity statement to be approved by the University Advising Network.
- Create a climate survey and enhance existing surveys for students and staff to solicit feedback on the current state of inclusive excellence in advising.
- Provide recommendations to the Advisor Training and Development team on DEI education events
- Invite content experts from across the University to share knowledge with the advising community through such events
- Serve as facilitators for DEI education opportunities
- Build a culture of appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion and foster a sense of belonging amongst students and advisors.
|Dr. Nora Dragovic||College of Arts and Sciencesemail@example.com||DEI Education||tag 1, tag2|
|Dr. Pinkney Epps||TRIO Programsfirstname.lastname@example.org||DEI Education|
|Amanda Finnen||Exploratory Advisingemail@example.com||Diversity Statement|
|Amanda Heinsman||Honors Collegefirstname.lastname@example.org||Diversity Statement|
|Laken Long||Department of Theatre and Danceemail@example.com||Climate Survey|
|Caleb Morris (co-chair)||Exploratory Advisingfirstname.lastname@example.org||Diversity Statement|
|Hannah Quire||Honors Collegeemail@example.com||Climate Survey|
|Dr. Claire Robinson (ex-officio)||University Advising Centerfirstname.lastname@example.org||Climate Survey|
|Sam Schmoker||Exploratory Advisingemail@example.com||Climate Survey|
|Megan Stanley Myers||Department of Biological Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org||Diversity Statement|
|Dr. Kay Thomas (co-chair)||Honors Collegeemail@example.com||DEI Education|
|Dr. Tameria Warren||School of Earth, Ocean & Environmentfirstname.lastname@example.org||DEI Education|