Level Two Training
The following outline provides an overview of the material covered in each module of Level Two. Select demonstration videos are also available.
Academic Success Coaching
*Please note: The University Advising Center aims to keep all training material up-to-date and accurate. If you notice errors, please contact ADVtrain@mailbox.sc.edu.
Level Two Experiential Learning
In order to complete Level Two Certification, you must complete the Experiential component which includes the 5 items below:
- Provide academic advisement to at least 300 students
- Use EAB Navigate to enter appointment notes & make referrals
- Use DegreeWorks to enter the advised course schedule and other curricular information
- Attend two approved in-person advisor training professional development series events
- Respond to the Case Study available in Blackboard
Level Two Rewards
Advisors who successfully complete both components of Level Two receive a Certificate of Completion and are eligible to choose from the list of Level Two Rewards below.*
- One-year membership to the National Academic Advising Association (new membership or renewal)
- NACADA Region 3 Conference Registration (limited & for current NACADA members only)
- NACADA Online Course (limited)
- Advising book (from choice list)
*Further restrictions may apply. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding the reward selection process.