Level One Training
The following outline provides an overview of the material covered in each module of Level One. Select demonstration videos are also available.
Level One Learning Outcomes
Module One: Advising at USC
Module Two: University Policies and Procedures
Module Three: Academic Programs and Requirements
Module Four: Advising Technology
Module Five: Campus Resources
Module Six: Undergraduate Students and Special Populations
Module Seven: Advising Profession and Practice
*Please note: The University Advising Center aims to keep all training material up-to-date and accurate. If you notice errors, please contact ADVtrain@mailbox.sc.edu.
Level One Experiential Learning
In order to complete Level One Certification, you must complete the Experiential component which includes the 5 items below:
- Provide academic advisement to at least 50 unique students since beginning employment at USC
- Use EAB Pathfinder with the majority/all of advisees to enter appointment notes
- Use DegreeWorks to enter advised course schedule and/or relevant curriculum information
- Complete demonstration of either the Algebra or Pre-Calculus version of USC's online Math Placement Test
- Complete the 'Navigating the Bulletin' exercise available in Blackboard
Level One Rewards
Advisors who successfully complete both components of Level One receive a Certificate of Completion and are eligibile to choose from the list of Level One rewards below.
- One-year membership to the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
- A copy of Academic Advising: A Comprehensive Handbook, 2nd edition
- A copy of Academic Advising and the First College Year