Make an Appointment to meet with your assigned Academic Advisor.
Are you ready to register for Fall 2020 courses?
Undergraduate students with priority registration status will register via Self Service Carolina beginning the week of April 6. General undergraduate student registration begins the week of April 13. Before you register, visit the Student tab in Self-Service Carolina and click the 'Registration' tab , then click the link to 'Registration Notices and Holds'. You will be brought to a screen where you can view your registration status and holds.
Consult the checklist below for items to consider before logging in to Self-Service Carolina to register for courses:
Step 1: Attend and complete your advising appointment.
- Remember: your advisement hold WILL NOT be lifted until your advising appointment is complete.
- Schedule your appointment with your particular college/school.
Step 2: View your Registration Notices and Holds in Self-Service Carolina
- The Registration Notices and Holds page lists valuable information like your registration status, registration time ticket (the time you can begin registering), and holds.
Step 3: Check your DegreeWorks Plan
- Here you will find the courses your academic advisor has recommended you take in the upcoming semester
- Log in to Self Service Carolina to access DegreeWorks. Once in DegreeWorks, click on the 'Plans' tab to review your advised courses.
- Please note: In some colleges, an advisement form may have been provided. In these instances, refer to your advisement form for your recommended course schedule.
Step 4: Prepare to register
- Check your account daily leading up to registration to ensure no holds have been placed on your account. View a list of common holds and restrictions that prevent successful course registration [pdf].
- Make sure you also understand course restrictions and the course override process [pdf].
- You may also want to consider using the Schedule Planner tool [pdf] to prepare for your registration time ticket.
Step 5: Register in Self-Service Carolina!
- Running into issues while registering? Visit the Registration Troubleshooting page provided by the University Registrar.
- Need information about W, WF, and refund deadlines? View the University Registrar’s dates and deadlines webpage.
- Looking for the academic calendar? View the academic calendar.