Connect to others with similar interests and get started!
- Check out the Opportunity Database, USC resource fairs and student organizations.
- Talk to faculty, staff and your fellow students about your interests.
- Attend meetings and events, and identify what is intriguing to you!
Complete at least one Experiential Learning Opportunity!
- Select your experience that applies learning in a real world context.
- Engage in a sustained and meaningful way (at least 45 hours).
- Receive feedback to gain understanding of the experience and yourself.
- Reflect on what the experience means to you, your future Carolina experience, and goals after college.
Some majors have "built-in" experiential learning opportunities through internships, research, or other requirements. These are important, but always remember to think about what you want to experience - there are many ways you can choose to enhance your studies. Think big! Reach out! You can do it!
Consider completing Graduation with Leadership Distinction
Are you engaged beyond the classroom in even more substantial ways? You might be completing a required internship course, research experience or volunteering extensively. Consider engaging in ways that can lead to Graduation with Leadership Distinction.
GLD Requires approximately 300 hours of engagement, a public presentation, and an ePortfolio reflecting on what you have learned and how you will apply it. This recognition appears on your transcript and diploma. Learn more!
Gamecock Recovery Spring Student Welcome
Location: See event description for more details.
Time: 10:30 am - 6:30 pm
MLK Day of Service
Location: Davis Field I - RHUU Side, Davis Field II - Longstreet Side, Davis Field II - Thomas Cooper Library Side
Time: 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Great Peanut Butter and Jelly Competition
Location: Russell House Ballroom C, Russell House University Union 202 Lounge
Time: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm