The Undergraduate Studies Forum on Experiential Learning was held in the Russell House Theatre on Oct 9, 2018 at 11:30 a.m. The forum was attended by approximately 100 in-person and on-line faculty, staff, and students.
View the recording of the live event. (via Adobe Connect)
You can scroll through the forum to points of interest (see time stamps below).
See the PowerPoint slides [pdf].
Submit comments or questions below or contact Irma Van Scoy, USC Connect for further information.
Speakers, Topics and Times Stamps:
Sandra Kelly, Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Studies
- 0:26 Statistics on retention and graduation rates; student make-up
- 3:18 Continuing to improve and meet the needs of students
- 5:30 The vision for undergraduate education at USC (and the interface with accreditation)
Irma Van Scoy, Executive Director, USC Connect
- 8:25 The national context and why experiential learning is important
- 10:42 How we are ready for experiential learning at USC
- 12:24 Barriers to an experiential learning requirement and potential solutions
Pam Bowers, Associate Vice President for Planning & Assessment, Student Affairs
- 19:37 Beyond the Classroom Matters information system for managing records of student engagement
- 21:50 Student access to view their records and supplemental transcript
- 23:20 Sharing information through DegreeWorks and administrative dashboards
Taylor Wright, President, Student Government
- 28:20 Why experiential learning is important from a student’s perspective
Discussion/Q&A with panel 31:17-1:07:03.
Let us know what you think! We appreciate comments and questions on the forum or experiential learning at USC. Please include your contact information if you would like a response.