On Demand Courses
This course teaches how to build parts using feature-based and functional modeling techniques and how to apply design rules in CATIA V5. This course also teaches how to create a simple assembly, simulate a mechanism, create a rendered image and generate a simple detail drawing.
- Find documents in the V6 database
- Open, explore and save documents
- Create mechanical parts
- Check parts using existing rules
- Create and animate an assembly
- Create rendered images
- Produce a simple detail drawing
This course introduces complex modeling techniques. It teaches how to create structured models and complex parts, how to define a product architecture and use it to design in an assembly environment. The course will also cover management of complex product structures and product configurations, and how to create part families using parameterized models. Finally, it will teach how to analyze the impacts of design modifications and review a product.
- Design complex parts
- Manage a complex product structure
- Design in an assembly environment
- Use assembly-level features
- Use product configurations
- Analyze impacts of modifications
- Analyze a product
- Review a product
- Prerequisites: CATIA V5 Mechanical Design Fundamentals
This course balances theoretical lamina theory with hot topics in the composite world. Attendees will be understand both composite design and manufacturing foundation as well as future perspectives of composite products. The course will cover:
- Fundamental concepts, definitions and classifications, design implications of composite materials, tailored laminates
- Mechanics of laminated composite materials and coupling of properties and response of laminates to mechanical and thermal loads
- Failure of laminated composites, strength criteria, progressive failure analysis and failure under different loadings
- Elements of manufacturing of composite parts and structures, including liquid composite molding and its variations, pre-pregs and automated manufacturing
- Design optimization of laminated composites, graphical optimization, mathematical optimization and discrete optimization techniques
This course includes a systems approach towards the integration of robotics within a manufacturing cell. Basic robotic operation is covered as well as simulation tools. Class is held using Kuka robots and integration with beckhoff terminals.
- Robot Operation
- Robot virtual Simulation
- Robot programming (crash course)
- Robot Integration
- Integration hands on exercise
This course covers the many aspects of design of aircraft structures. An overview of the design process for airframe structures is presented. It summarizes the tradeoffs between structural requirements and manufacturing considerations. The design process examines all possible failure modes and attempts to sequence them in a way that weight is minimized and the failure sequence is beneficial for the overall structure when failure occurs (e.g., for improved damage tolerance). At the same time manufacturing constraints and high cost manufacturing steps are traded in order to minimize cost. In the end, the overall tradeoff between weight and cost leads to the best design given specific preferences and priorities that the designer may have on the relative importance of cost and weight.
- Understanding of aircraft design, especially the structural design part
- Understanding of the terminology related to structural design
- Understanding of airworthiness requirements
- Application of the course material to a realistic case
Contact us to discuss the possibilities for your organization.
Customized Courses and Training Solutions
Interested in a customized solution? Please contact us to discuss the possibilities to develop an innovative training course or program that is tailored towards your organization’s needs.
Interested in Collaborating?
Our location in South Carolina makes it possible to serve the state with its growing aerospace industry. McNAIR Advance can offer you a training location and cutting-edge facilities to serve your clients in this state and in the whole Southeast. Contact us to find out about the possibilities.
We are proud to count USC as one of our Training and Certification Centers in NAM. With the significant efforts put on the U.S. re-industrialization and the increasing number of engineers getting retired, the demand for well trained and skilled people is rocketing. With USC combining training and certification for those who will pass the difficult exams, we are together providing an efficient answer for immediately employable people mastering the Dassault Systemes solutions that are the most demanded in the market.
- Thierry Collet, VP, Global Academia & Education, Dassault Systems