The University of South Carolina Press publishes works of original scholarship in the fields of history (American, African American, Southern, Civil War, culinary, maritime, and women's), regional studies, literature, religious studies, and rhetoric. USC Press also publishes regional general interest titles addressing the art, architecture, culture, fiction, gardening, and outdoors of the American South.
Projects submitted for consideration to USC Press should include the following:
1. A cover letter that briefly describes the work (scope, purpose, and length), explains how it differs from competing works, and assesses its likely readership.
2. If the work is a completed manuscript, a table of contents and representative chapter (not the entire manuscript); otherwise, a detailed prospectus.
3. A current curriculum vitae or résumé.
4. Before final approval for contract all projects will undergo rigorous, anonymous peer review and endorsement by the University of South Carolina Press Committee, made up of USC faculty members.
5. If you would like to have your prospectus and/or manuscript returned following the review process please be sure to make this request in writing at the time of submission and include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Submissions should be sent to:
University of South Carolina Press
1600 Hampton Street
Columbia, SC 29208
Story River Books (a South Carolina-based original fiction series)
Jonathan Haupt, Director
General Interest, Original Fiction, and General Inquiries:
Linda Haines Fogle, Assistant Director for Operations
History and Regional Studies:
Alexander Moore, Acquisitions Editor
Literary Studies, Religious Studies, Rhetoric, and Communication:
Jim Denton, Acquisitions Editor
Young Palmetto Books (a South Carolina-based educational series for young readers)
Please see submission guidelines posted here.