UNIV 101 Beyond the Classroom Funds
UNIV 101 will be providing funds to classes to support the advancement of course outcomes through beyond-the-classroom engagement, learning, and community development. Instructors will be able to select from a 'menu' of pre-determined events and activities for use of these funds.
In order to qualify as an allowable expense, the event must:
1) occur outside of normal class time;
2) foster beyond-the-classroom learning among class participants;
3) advance one or more of the courses learning outcomes.
- Instructors can choose from the list of approved activities but can also request funds for activities not currently listed.
- The applicant must be the instructor of record or graduate peer leader for a U101 class on the USC Columbia Campus
- Event requests should be submitted at least 3 weeks in advance of the activity to allow for sufficient review and planning.
- Requests will be confirmed by University 101 Staff. Once approved, you will be contacted via email with additional details to prepare for your activity.
- Approval must be given prior to the event if an activity requires reimbursement. When completing the funds request form, include in the Additional Comments field that you wish to be reimbursed for the event. Money spent without prior authorization is not guaranteed to be reimbursed.
- Funds will only be approved to support (1) beyond the classroom opprotunity per section.
Click Here for a list of approved activities
Please contact Catherine Sale Greene, Program Coordinator for Campus Partnerships (firstname.lastname@example.org) 777-4627 with any questions or concerns.