How to Become an Instructor
University 101 is taught by faculty, staff, and administrators at the University of South Carolina who are committed to first-year student learning, and success.The minimum requirements to teach include:
- Masters' degree or higher from an accredited institution (transcript required)
- Completion of the Teaching Experience Workshop
- Status as a full-time University employee or retiree of USC - Columbia
- Approval by the instructor's supervisor or department chair
- Approval by the Director of University 101 Programs
Renewal decisions are based on two additional criteria:
- Participation in advanced faculty development activities
- Satisfactory student evaluations
How do I apply?
We are no longer accepting applications for fall 2017. However, we welcome you to express interest in teaching for fall 2018. Prospective instructors should submit the University 101 New Instructor Application, along with a current resume and cover letter to University 101 Programs at 1728 College Street or to Dr. Dan Friedman at email@example.com.