How to Become an Instructor
University 101 is taught by faculty, staff, and administrators at the University of South Carolina who are committed to first-year student learning, and success.The minimum requirements to teach include:
- Masters' degree or higher from an accredited institution (transcript required)
- Completion of the Teaching Experience Workshop
- Status as a full-time University employee or retiree of USC - Columbia
- Approval by the instructor's supervisor or department chair
- Approval by the Director of University 101 Programs
Renewal decisions are based on two additional criteria:
- Participation in advanced faculty development activities
- Satisfactory student evaluations
How do I Apply?
Prospective instructors should submit the University 101 New Instructor Application, along with a current resume and cover letter to University 101 Programs at 1728 College Street or to Elise Porter at email@example.com. A meeting with the Director of University 101 Programs will be scheduled to discuss the opportunity of teaching the course. As part of this application, you will be asked to select a preferred Teaching Experience Workshop. Decisions on new instructors will be made throughout the year.