The USC Center for Nursing Leadership and the South Carolina Hospital Association were selected to be an action coalition in September 2011 by the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action to ensure all Americans have access to high-quality care with nurses contributing to the full extent of their capabilities.
Key focus areas in developing plans to implement the recommendations in S.C. are:
- allowing registered nurses to practice to the full extent of their education and training
- increasing the numbers of nurses with baccalaureate and doctoral degrees
- assuring smooth articulation between nursing degree programs
- preparing nurses to lead change and advance health
- continuing to support and grow the nursing workforce data center located in the USC College of Nursing.