To set-up an audition, please visit http://www.music.sc.edu/forms/auditions.php
For Financial Aid, please visit:
For financial aid & scholarship, please visit the website.
Undergraduate - Music Education (BMUED, Non-performance)
Candidates in the brass area should prepare two movements from different compositions from the standard solo repertoire that show a contrast in style, one fast and the other slow and lyrical. (Two single movement works are also acceptable.) Accompaniment is not required. Major scales should be prepared; sightreading will be required. (Solo examples: Haydn Concerto, Hummel, Concerto, Arutunian Concerto, also: works by Bozza, Donato, Ropartz, Arban/Clarke, et al.) Auditions run approx. 10-15 minutes in length. Sightreading & scales may be asked.
Undergraduate - Performance (BM & PC)
- Kent Kennan, Sonata for Trumpet (Mvt I)
- F. J. Haydn, Concerto for Trumpet (Mvt II)
- Goedicke Concert Etude
- Charlier Etude of choice (No. 1-4)
- Orchesral Excerpts: Mahler 5 (opening), Pictures (opening), Pines of Rome (off stage solo)
Auditions run approx. 10-15 minutes in length. Sightreading & scales may be asked.
Graduate - (MM & DMA)
- Piccolo piece of choice (one movement - Fasch, Tartini, Torelli, Corelli, Telemann, et al.)
- Longinotti Etude No. 7
- Haydn or Hummel Trumpet Concerto (Mvts. I-II)
- Tomasi Trumpet Concerto (Mvt. I)
- Choice of unaccompanied solo trumpet work (Intrada, Solus, Cascades, et al.)
- Orchestral Excerpts: Mahler 5 (opening), Petroushka (Ballerina Dance), Pictures (opening), Pines (offstage), Beethoven Leonore Nos. 2 & 3
Audition duration is approx. 20-25 minutes. Sightreading & scales may be asked. Students wishing to apply for a graduate assistantship or scholarship will also interview at the time of the audition. Please contact me to set-up an audition.