2017 Event Dates and Times
Starts: Sunday, June 4, 1:00 p.m.
Ends: Saturday, June 9, 6:00 p.m. (followed by optional after party)
Bonus Day: SAVVY-U, June 10
The SAVVY Arts Venture Challenge (formerly The SAVVY Musician in Action) takes place in beautiful Columbia, South Carolina.
Activities are scheduled in a number of locations around town, including the University of South Carolina School of Music, USC String Project Building, Tapp’s Art Center, Copenhaver Band Hall and City Hall.
To attend SAVVY, there are competitive and non-competitive options.
Full Tuition: $1,250
Early-Bird Tuition: $750
• Non-competitive, guaranteed spot at the workshop (while space remains).
• Slots can be reserved with meal/supplies deposit. ($275). Full balance must be paid by March 7, 2017.
• All participants are required to pay the Meal/Supply Fee.
Full/Partial Tuition Scholarships: ($625 - $1,250 value)
• Competitive, application does not guarantee acceptance
• 50 scholarships available
• Visit the scholarship page for deadlines
• All applicants required to pay a non-refundable $35 processing fee
• To secure their spot, scholarship recipients are required to pay the $275 meal/supply fee within three weeks of notification.
Meal/Supply Fee: $275
• All SAVVY attendees are required to pay a $275 meal/supply fee. This pays for a Happy Hour, most meals, coffee/drink service, snacks, and a variety of supplies. We provide a truly delicious and varied Southern food experience, featuring cuisine by local, non-chain vendors. Vegetarian options will be available at all meals.
Most out of town guests opt for accommodations through the reasonably priced USC suite-style dorms. These rooms are nice, new, air-conditioned and have Internet access. Included in the price is a linen pack with sheets, a blanket, pillow and towels. Each suite has two bedroom with two beds in each room that connects with a shared bath.
• $49/night Private room with shared bath. Taxes included.
• $0/night No accommodations needed
If you have a roommate request please have both parties indicated on reservation request.
If you wish to book a hotel, the Hilton Columbia Center is within walking distance of our event.
Participants are responsible for providing travel arrangements to and from Columbia. If you are flying, Columbia’s airport (CAE) is conveniently located 15-minutes from our event. Other airports within two hours include Augusta (80 miles), Florence (86 miles), Charlotte (a major hub, 91 miles), and Greenville-Spartanburg (104 miles).
While a car is not necessary, inexpensive parking options are available for those who drive to town. Participants also have the option of purchasing a USC garage parking pass for $35.
Cancellations before May 1 are assessed a $100 fee to cover administrative costs and
credit card transaction fees.
No refunds are given for cancellations after May 1 for any reason, since purchasing commitments are made by that time.
Enrollment is capped at 72 participants. Apply now!