2015 Event dates and times
Starts: Wednesday, June 3, 9:00 a.m.
Ends: Sunday, June 7, 5:30 p.m. (followed by optional networking event)
The Savvy Musician in ACTION takes place in beautiful Columbia, South Carolina.
Activities are scheduled in a number of locations around town, including the University of South Carolina School of Music, USC String Project Building, Tapp’s Art Center, Copenhaver Band Hall and Columbia Museum of Art.
If you are flying, Columbia’s airport (CAE) is conveniently located 15-minutes from our event. Other airports within two hours include Augusta (80 miles), Florence (86 miles), Charlotte (a major hub, 91 miles), and Greenville-Spartanburg (104 miles).
While a car is not necessary, inexpensive parking options are available for those who drive to town.
• Full tuition: $650 (includes full participation plus most meals) Due in full by May 15, 2015.
• Early bird tuition: $550 (paid in full by April 15, 2015)
• Buddy tuition: $500 each when two people sign up together (paid in full by April 1, 2015)
• Late enrollment: $699 (after May 15, 2015)
A slot can be reserved with a $100 deposit, paid before April 1, 2015. This non-refundable deposit reserves your place at the event. The remainder due must be paid before the deadlines above to secure the indicated rates.
Savvy Musician in ACTION tuition includes a Happy Hour and all but two meals between our start and end times, providing a truly delicious and varied Southern food experience. All meals include options for vegetarians.
Most out of town guests opt for accommodations through the reasonably priced USC apartment-style dorms. These rooms are nice, new, air-conditioned and have Internet access. Included in the price is a linen pack with sheets, a blanket, pillow and towels.
• $0 No accommodations needed
• $175 Single dorm room (shared bath), 5 nights
• $210 Single dorm room (shared bath), 6 nights
• $225 Two rooms (private bath), 5 nights
• $270 Two rooms (private bath), 6 nights
If you wish to book a hotel, the Hilton Columbia Center is within walking distance of our event.
Cancellations before May 15 are assessed a $100 fee to cover administrative costs
and credit card transaction fees.
No refunds are given for cancellations after May 15, since purchasing commitments are made by that time.
Enrollment is capped at 75 participants. Reserve your space now!