The Future of Leadership in the C-Suite
Executive succession has garnered increasing attention from Boards of Directors, CEOs, analysts and the media. Failures and miscues in making succession decisions have cost companies in expenses, missed growth opportunities and reputation. In spite of the fact that executive succession presents huge risks to corporations, little is known regarding the challenges, pitfalls and best practices. The sensitive nature of “behind the veil” processes has limited the ability to conduct detailed research into executive succession. Thus, the Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina has created the Center for Executive Succession to leverage the world-class faculty research capability and a unique corporate/academic partnership to provide cutting-edge knowledge in these areas.
The corporate/academic collaboration between CES and its partner companies will generate credible, unique and unbiased knowledge to further the effectiveness of executive succession practices in firms.
Corporate member benefits:
- First look at reports from the annual HR@Moore survey of CHROs
- White papers presenting innovative research on C-suite succession
- Exclusive access to roundtables of CHROs focused on issues and best practices regarding executive succession
- Access to Talent Leads events to discuss high potentials and the process of talent development leading to the C-suite
- In-depth case studies catered to your company's succession processes
- Bi-weekly "Executive Succession in the News" summarizing C-suite moves
in the news
- Bi-weekly "Research Briefs" highlighting the latest research from top academic journals on topics affecting corporate leadership
For more information on becoming a CES member, please contact CES@moore.sc.edu.