An effective leader makes things happen
An effective leader delivers results and contributes to the success of their organization by leading their teams through difficult and changing times, keeping their teams focused on goals while working together to deliver results. In the business world of today, the way organizations operate, communicate, collaborate and innovate is changing. Business leaders must be able to adapt to these changes. In a 2014 Chief Learning Officer magazine survey, leadership development was seen as the second most impactful learning need in organizations.
One of the biggest take-aways for me has been the importance of seeing the big picture from a company perspective and looking ahead to new terrain, rather than just focusing on day-to-day operations.
Cheryl Marthers, Canal Insurance
The Certificate in Leadership Excellence is for high potential managers, next generation leaders and small company owners who need to elevate their leadership skills. The program is focused on developing leaders who meet and exceed goals by translating their organization's strategy into actions that get real results.
A blended learning approach
Flexibility is key. You'll learn in the most effective and time efficient way possible.
- Core/Elective courses are each two days and meet onsite at the Moore School's Executive Development space.
- Each participant is given a personal iPad loaded with all the apps and reading needed to be successful in the certificate program.
- Participants are given virtual eBooks for engagement at work or home.
- Regular team-based video conferencing is facilitated by Moore School faculty.
Certificate Course Work
Courses can be taken as part of the certificate program or as stand-alone classes.
All core courses are required for the Certificate in Leadership Excellence.
Choose two of the following courses to complete the certificate program.
- Presentation Skills for Influencing Others
- Negotiations and Effective Decision-Making
- Coaching Skills for Maximum Performance
- Leveraging Your Personality at Work: The Birkman Method
Regular Certificate Tuition: $7,200
Group Rate (three or more from same organization): $6,500
USC Alumni Rate: $6,500
Per Course/Non-Certificate Tuition: $1,500
Being an Effective Leader per-course tuition: $1,950
For more information, contact:
Every aspect of the program has surpassed my expectations. The facilitators were able to give me specific examples of how concepts would apply to my arena. It was evident that they had researched my organization prior to our session. Impressive.
Dr. Sean Alford, Superintendent of Aiken County Public Schools