Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) Scholarship
The IMA Scholarship is awarded to full-time junior or senior students majoring in accounting. Students must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher. Students should submit an unofficial transcript with the scholarship application.
Applications for the IMA Scholarship must be received by 5:00 pm on February 23, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
J.T. Brittingham, Sr. Scholarship/Fellowship
Applicants for the J.T. Brittingham, Sr. Scholarship/Fellowship should be accounting majors (undergrad or grad) with GPAs of 3.0 or highter. They shoud have an expressed interest in public accounting careers, particularly in local or regional firms. Applicants should be interested in a long-term residency in the state of South Carolina and have demonstrated an engagement in extra-curricular activities and a commitment to community service. Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor
- Special skills and talents
- Familiarity and connection to the Midlands of South Carolina (i.e., Lexington, Richland, Calhoun, Fairfield, Kershaw, Orangeburg, Saluda and Sumter Counties)
Applications [pdf] must be postmarked by March 2, 2018.
Carolinas Regional Council of
the Institute of Management Accounting (IMA)
Student Scholarship Program
The Carolina Council, the first regional council formed in the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), awards annually two (2) $1,000 scholarships to students enrolled in a four-year education program.
- be an active IMA member,
- be enrolled as a full-time student in a four year education program in the Carolinas Council region, and
- have maintained a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
The strength of outside recommendations of the student's technical knowledge, leadership skills and IMA participation will also be considered.
The deadline to submit scholarship applications [pdf] is March 31. Winners will be announced on or before April 15th.
For details about IMA student memberships, go to the IMA Membership Page.
Additional Scholarship Resources
There are a variety of scholarships available to accounting students and recommended by the South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants, each with their own set of criteria. Please click on the scholarship titles below for details on each.
- American Accounting Association
- AICPA Fellowship for Minority Doctoral Students
- AICPA Scholarships for Minority Accounting Students
- Accounting & Financial Women's Alliance
- American Women's Society of CPAs
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- John L. Carey Scholarship (AICPA)
- The Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting
- National Society of Accountants