Business administration minor requirements for students entering in Fall 2014 or later
Required courses (15 hours)
- ACCT 222 — Introduction to Accounting*
- ECON 224 — Introduction to Economics**
- FINA 333 — Finance and Markets
- MGMT 371 — Principles of Management
- MKTG 350 — Principles of Marketing
Electives (three hours)
Complete one course from the following:
- ACCT 324 — Survey of Commercial Law
- ECON 311 — Issues in Economics
- FINA 369 — Personal Finance
- ECON 379 — Government Policy Toward Business
- IBUS 301 — Introduction to International Business
- MGMT 472 — Entrepreneurship and Small Business
- MGSC 395 — Operations Management
- MKTG 351 — Consumer Behavior
* If ACCT 225 was taken prior to being a business minor, it may be used to satisfy the accounting requirement.
When a student’s major requires one of the 300 or 400 level courses included in the Business Administration minor, that course cannot be used to fulfill both the requirements for the major and the requirements for the minor. Where such overlap exists between the requirements of the major and the minor, the student will need to take additional selective coursework to fulfill the 18 hours required by the minor.
Prerequisites must be satisfied prior to enrolling in required and selective courses. Consult the Undergraduate Bulletin for list of prerequisites for minors.
Business administration minor requirements for students entering prior to Fall 2014
Beginning in Fall 2014, the minor requirements changed. Students from earlier bulletins can opt into this curriculum through coordination with their academic adviser in their home college.
Required courses (six hours)
ECON 224 — Survey of Economics*
ACCT 222 — Introduction to Accounting*
Electives (12 hours)
Choose any four of the following courses:
ECON 301 — Money and Banking
ECON 311 — Issues in Economics
ECON 379 — Governmental Policy Toward Business
FINA 369 — Personal Finance
MGMT 371 — Principles of Management
MKTG 350 — Principles of Marketing
*It is recommended that ECON 224 and ACCT 222 be completed before taking 300 level BA/ECON courses.
Required courses (six to nine hours)
- ECON 221 — Principles of Microeconomics and ECON 222 — Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 224 — Introduction to Economics and ECON 221 — Principles of Microeconomics*
- ECON 224 — Introduction to Economics and ECON 222 — Principles of Macroeconomics*
- ECON 321 — Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
Electives (nine to 12 hours)
Three economics electives, excluding ECON 499 and ECON 511. ECON 322 counts as an elective.
*If a student earned an A in ECON 224 and is exempted from taking ECON 221 and ECON 222, one additional economics elective must be taken.
Risk management and insurance minor
Prerequisite course (three hours)
- ACCT 225 — Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ECON 222 — Principles of Macroeconomics
- FINA 363 — Introduction to Finance
- FINA 469 — Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- FINA 471 — Derivative Securities
- FINA 475 — Fixed Income Securities
Additional courses of interest may include: