The Lifestyle Medicine Distinction Track prepares future physicians to become frontline
advocates for healthy lifestyle behaviors in their patients and communities through
the effective application of Lifestyle Medicine principles. Students will also learn
how to effectively use evidence-based Lifestyle Medicine to prevent and treat chronic
diseases that include obesity, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease
and some forms of cancer.
- Use Lifestyle Medicine practice, tools and resources to facilitate behavior change
- Apply Lifestyle Medicine evidence-based literature and practice to help patients and
their families manage and sustain behavior change.
- Evaluate processes and patient’s outcomes to improve effectiveness of patient care
using Lifestyle Medicine.
- Develop quality improvement initiatives in Lifestyle Medicine for patient care.
- Care for patients through collaboration with a Lifestyle Medicine-focused, inter-professional