Our curriculum is 18 credit-hours that can be completed in one to two years. You must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better in order to continue in the program.
You're required to take six credit-hours of core courses each semester.
- Molecular Biology (3 hours)
- Biological Chemistry (4 hours)
- Physiology for Health Sciences (6 hours)
You can choose one elective course for credit per semester.
- Neuroscience (3 hours)
- Histology (3 hours)
- Neoplasia (3 hours)
- Biochemistry of Metabolism (3 hours)
- Neurobiology: Physiology for Neurobiologists (2 hours)
- Medical Cell Biology (3 hours)
- Anatomy of the Head and Neck (3 hours)
- Medical Genetics for Health Professionals (3 hours)
- Human Anatomy (6 hours)
- Immunology (3 hours)
In addition to the above coursework, we offer seminars throughout the year that focus on:
- Scientific topics
- Medical school application preparation
- Interview strategies
How to Apply
You can apply to our program online through the Graduate School. Please have your supplemental materials ready:
- GRE, MCAT or DAT score
- Personal essay telling us why you wish to join the certificate program
You can email your supporting documents to email@example.com.
Transferring Your Credits
Many of our students choose to continue their education past the certificate program.
If you decide you want to continue on to a master's degree, you'll be able to transfer the credits you took while pursuing your certificate. In that case, you won't be awarded a certificate since the credit hours are now part of your new degree program.
If you're accepted into the USC Medical School, you won't be able to transfer any credits. The Medical School courses are more in depth than our certificate courses, even if they're on the same topic.
Tuition and Fees
Visit the Bursar's website for a complete list of tuition and fees.
- Resident: $18,000
- Non-Resident: $23,940