- Submit research that focuses on or impacts the wellbeing or health of women in basic,
clinical, or social sciences
- Work presented at other scientific meetings within the past two years is acceptable.
- More than one abstract may be submitted by the same person.
- Abstracts will be published in the Forum publication and presented at the Forum poster session.
- Format abstract as a Word document similar to that shown in the sample abstract [pdf].
- One page, single-spaced, Microsoft Word, Times New Roman, size 11.
- Format file name as follows. First author’s last name, first name_2017WHRF
- Specify the title in bold CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Underline presenting author's name. Authors' names should appear first name, middle initial and last name. Provide institutional affiliation, city, state, and country (if other than the United States).
- Use sections similar to the following, as appropriate: Background and Significance, Methods, Results, Conclusions or Discussion.
- Specify category: Basic Science, Clinical Science, or Social Science.
- Provide contact information:
- Name and status (Professor, Post doc, PhD Candidate, MD Candidate, Masters Candidate, Resident, Fellow, Undergraduate Student). Specify faculty advisor/mentor as appropriate
- Department, college/school, institution
- Email and phone number
- Note if work has been presented elsewhere at the bottom of the abstract.
- Submit to email@example.com.
- Complete the Forum registration.
- In addition to the abstract, a PDF of the poster must be submitted to be included in pre-forum judging. An abstract submitted without a PDF of the poster can be presented at the poster session, but will not be considered for an award.
- Scoring criteria: originality of research, clarity of objectives, strength of methodology, logical connection of conclusions/importance of research, and quality of presentation/layout.
- Winners will be notified 7-10 days prior to the Forum to prepare brief oral research presentations.
|Monday, Sept. 18||Call for abstracts opens|
|Wednesday, Oct. 4 by 9:00am||Abstract submission deadline /
Poster PDF submission deadline for pre-Forum judging
|Thursday, Oct. 19||Award winners notified to prepare oral presentation|
|Thursday, Nov. 2||Full poster due|