Our students complete 12 classes for a total of 36 hours — divided into three parts — the completion of the practicum and written and oral exams.
1. The core 18 hours:
- Research Methods in Mass Communication
- Integrated Communication Principles
- Media Law
- Issues in Mass Communication Management
- Media Economics
- Practicum in Mass Communication Management (working with an organization or agency in their chosen field.)
2. Three courses in directed electives (for nine hours):
- Marketing Management
- Management of Human Resources
- Organization Behavior or Organizational Communication
3. Three courses of elective credits as approved by advisors (for nine hours).
4. Written and oral exams:
- A five-hour written exam based on the core classes.
- A second-day written exam based on the elective hours and practicum experience.
- An oral defense of the second-day written exam.