10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), and 10.12 (Sierra)
Mac Requirements: In order to use SofTest on your Apple Macbook or Macbook Pro natively, you must have:
- CPU = Intel processor
- RAM = 2 GB
- Hard Drive = at least 1 GB or higher free disk space
- Operating System = MAC 10.9 (Mavericks),10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), or 10.12 (Sierra) — SofTest cannot be installed on 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), or 10.8 (Mountain Lion) .
- Software = Internet connection for downloading/uploading exams
- Administrator level account permissions
Internet Browsers: You can only download SofTest using Firefox or Google Chrome.
You will need your username and password. Don’t remember username and password? Log into http://www.sc.edu/studentemail/ (choose Columbia campus) and look for the email from the Law Registrar regarding SofTest Installation and Registration.
- Access website, www.examsoft.com/sclaw. This will take you to the USC School of Law — Custom Home Page screen.
- In the Exam Takers box enter your username/password.
- If you would like to change your password once you have logged in, hover the mouse over your name located in the upper right corner of the screen. Choose “My Account”. You cannot change your username or email address.
- After changing your password, click update information
- Click — SofTest (located in the black bar).
- Click Download SofTest.
- Click the newly downloaded file from your Downloads folder.
- Download window appears. ExamSoft box appears with two icons — Install SofTest or
Uninstaller. Click on Install SofTest. SofTest cannot be installed on 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard) or 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- If using Mountain Lion OS and message appears — “Install SofTest.mkgp” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. Click Close.
- To override your security settings, press the control-key and right click the app. Choose open from the pop-up menu.
- “Install SofTest.mkgp” message appears — Are you sure you want to open it? Click Open.
Click continue. License Agreement — click continue. Choose agree. Destination Select/Installation type — choose Install. Installation Type — choose Install. (Installation will begin).
SofTest Message appears — Old Exams Present — Please note that you will not be able to take older exams on this version of SofTest. Click Ok.
Message appears — Congratulations! SofTest has registered your computer. You can now use this computer to take exams.