Volunteers will assist with administrative duties such as interviewing new patients, gathering financial information, preparing new files, and converting patient charts to a new system. Spanish translators are also needed. If you are a medical doctor, nurse or pharmacist there are opportunities to fit those skills.
Training: 1 hour orientation and application; volunteers are asked to select a regular time and date to serve.
Purpose of Organizations
- To provide opportunities for law students to work along side the staff serving the uninsured population in SC
- To provide skills development and enhancement opportunities for law students
- To create an awareness of the problems faced by people without health care services
Requirements or Qualifications
Law students must:
- be in good academic standing
- complete and submit the Volunteer Enrollment Form
- have an interest in serving the indigent population
Responsibilities of Organizations:
The Free Medical Clinic must:
- agree to properly supervise the work of the law student
- provide clear and timely instructions
- seek opportunities to expose the students to various tasks
- provide feedback when possible.
Responsibilities of the Students
The students must:
- communicate effectively and efficiently with the Free Medical Clinic office
- complete tasks in a timely and competent manner
- seek assistance when needed
- perform duties professionally
- treat this volunteer opportunity as if it was a paying or for-credit position
The following Core Skills may be associated with this particular volunteer opportunity.
Not all tasks will contain all of these skills. See the complete
Core Competencies & Skills Inventory for more details.
- Core Skill: Oral Communication and Listening Abilities
- Core Skill: Task Organization and Management
- Core Skills: Professionalism