Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Adjunct Faculty, Mechanical Engineering
|College of Engineering and Computing|
Dr. Tarbutton’s research interests are in advanced manufacturing, automated machining, tool path planning, parallel hardware acceleration, optimization, mechatronics, control systems, system identification, and signal processing.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, 2011
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina, 2007
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 2005
- Ellis, J.D., S.G. Gillmer, C. Wang, R. Smith, S.C. Woody, J.A. Tarbutton (2012), "Fiber-coupled 3-DOF Interferometer for EUV Lithography Stage Metrology", Proceedings of the ASPE Summer Topical Meeting – Precision Engineering and Mechatronics Supporting the Semiconductor Industry – June 24-26, 2012, Berkeley, CA, USA
- Tarbutton, J., T.R. Kurfess, and T.M. Tucker (2010), "Graphics Based Path Planning for Multi-Axis Machine Tools". CAD and Applications, Vol 6 (7), pp. 835-845.
- Mangel, A.R., S.M. Moysey, J.C. Ryan, and J.A. Tarbutton, "Automated multi-offset ground penetrating radar data collection for monitoring lab-scale infiltration experiments", SEG Expanded Abstracts, 29, 3774, doi:10.1190/1.3513635, 2010.
- Tarbutton, J., T.R. Kurfess, and T.M. Tucker (2010), "Machining by Ray Casting into voxel models". 2010 International Symposium on Flexible Automation. Tokyo, Japan July 12-14, 2010 UPL-2503.
- Qaroush, Y., M. F. Daqaq, R. Saeidpourazar, J. Tarbutton, and N. Jalili, (2009) "Feedback Delays for Vibration Mitigation and External Disturbance Rejection at the Microscale". 50th IAA/ASME/ASCE /AHS /ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference. 4-8 May, 2009.
- Limroth, J., J. Tarbutton, and T. R. Kurfess (2008), "Review of recent patents relating to graphical embedded programming." Recent Patents on Electrical Engineering, Vol. 1, pp. 155-163.
- Tarbutton, J., and T. R. Kurfess (2008). "Modeling and system identification of a high precision measurement machine." International Journal of Manufacturing, Vol 3, pp. 198-215.
- Tarbutton, J., and T. R. Kurfess (2008) "Auto-tuning of a high precision measurement machine" 2008 Transactions of the NARMI, pp. 121-128.