Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Research Assistant Professor
|Department:||Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering and Computing
300 Main Street, Room C115
Dr. Samadi’ research involves collaborative and cross-disciplinary projects that lie in the fields of computational hydrology, analysis and evaluation of hydrological systems under uncertainty, hydrological extremes and resiliency, Big Data analytics, and GIS/Remote Sensing. In particular, her research focuses on Bayesian techniques to establish a precise mathematical framework for dimensional reduction in hydrological simulation. Research sponsors include Savannah River National Lab, South Carolina Sea Grant Consortium, etc. Dr. Samadi is member of International Environmental Modelling & Software Society (IEMSS) and the American Geophysical Union (AGU).
- Adjunct Faculty/Research Associate- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of South Carolina, USA.
- Research Associate - Carolinas Integrated Sciences and Assessments (CISA; NOAA funded research center), University of South Carolina, USA.
- Visiting Scientist-Hydro-environmental Research Center (HRC), School of Engineering, Cardiff University, United Kingdom.
Awards and Honors
- 2017 Advanced Support for Innovative Research Excellence-I (ASPIRE-I) Award, University of South Carolina.
- 2016 Outstanding Reviewer, ASCE Hydrologic Engineering
- 2002 Outstanding Graduate Student Award, University of Tehran, Iran.
- 2000 2nd Rank, nationwide M.Sc. competition in Water Resources, Iranian Ministry of Science and Research.