Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Research Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering
|College of Engineering and Computing|
|Website:||Popov Research Group|
Swearingen Engineering Center
301 Main Street
Columbia, SC 29208
CV of Dr. Ganesan
Ph.D., Alagappa University, India, 2005
M.S., Goa University, India, 1995
B.S., Madurai Kamaraj University, India, 1993
Dr. Prabhu Ganesan is a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering at University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC. His research interests include catalyst synthesis for polymer electrolyte membrane and molten carbonate fuel cells, development of novel coatings for corrosion protection and hydrogen permeation inhibition, and concrete corrosion. His current research focuses on the development of non-precious metal catalysts and ultra-low Pt loading catalysts for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells. Dr. Ganesan has 18 years of research experience in various electrochemical systems and is the author/co-author of 35 refereed papers and a book chapter. Dr. Ganesan has served as a Co-PI for a NSF funded project and projects from Boeing and Stanley Black & Decker.
- T. Kim, T. Xie, W.S. Jung, F. Gadala-Maria, P. Ganesan, B.N. Popov, “Development of Catalytically Active and Highly Stable Catalyst Supports for Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells,” J. Power Sources, Accepted, October 2014.
- Akos Kriston, Tianyuan Xie, Prabhu Ganesan, Branko N. Popov, “Effect of Pt Loading on Mass and Specific Activity in PEM Fuel Cells” J. Electrochem. Soc., 160 (2013) F406-F412.
- Sheng-Yang Huang, Prabhu Ganesan, and Branko N. Popov, “Electrocatalytic Activity and Stability of Titania Supported Platinum-Palladium Catalysts for Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cell” ACS Catalysis, 2 (2012) 825-831.
- S. Y. Huang, P. Ganesan and B. N. Popov, Electrocatalytic activity and stability of niobium-doped titanium oxide supported platinum catalyst for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells, Appl. Catal. B: Environmental, 96 (2010) 224-231.
- Sheng-Yang Huang, Prabhu Ganesan, Sehkyu Park, and Branko N. Popov, Development of a titanium dioxide-supported platinum catalyst with ultrahigh stability for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel Cell applications. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 131 (2009) 13898–13899.