SRNL Scholarship for Current Students
This scholarship is awarded to rising sophomores or juniors in any College of Engineering and Computing program who have a strong interest in the Savannah River Site and the Savannah River National Laboratory. SRNL Scholars may receive up to $4,000 a year for up to two years. All full time, upper division students are eligible to apply. Applicants must have authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for other than training purposes (student/temporary visas do not qualify).
Current and transfer engineering and computing students who want to be considered for the scholarship must submit, by August 1, to Stefanie Perrell at firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- Completed SRNL Scholarship form.
- Statement of Interest that describes the student's research interest in the Savannah River National Laboratory.
- Letter of recommendation from a professor or other individual qualified to comment on the student's scholarship merit and potential.
John H. Fain Scholarship for Current Students
This scholarship provides an incentive for upper level Computer Information Systems and Computer Science majors to become entrepreneurs. Fain scholars may receive up to a total of $5,000.
- The scholarship is for undergraduate students majoring in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Students must have completed the lower division requirements for their degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Students must plan to pursue the appropriate program of study (see below).
- Students must maintain a major and cumulative GPA of 3.0 and make satisfactory progress towards the appropriate program of study to remain eligible.
Computer Information Systems students accepted into the Fain Scholarship program are required to complete the Business Information Management minor and complete MGMT 472 - Entrepreneurship and Small Business.
Computer Science students that are accepted into the Fain Scholarship program are required to complete the following courses related to business and entrepreneurship.
- Accounting Requirement: ACCT 222 - Introduction to Accounting
- Entrepreneurship Application Area Requirement: MKTG 350 - Principles of Marketing, MGMT 371 - Principles of Management, and MGMT 472 - Entrepreneurship and Small Business
- Economics Requirement: ECON 224 - Survey of Economics and either ECON 301 - Money and Banking, ECON 311 - Issues in Economics, or ECON 379 - Governmental Policy towards Business.
Upper division Computer Information Systems and Computer Science majors who want to be considered for a Fain Scholarship must complete and submit the Fain scholarship application by March 15. The Computer Science and Engineering Department expects to notify applicants by email of scholarship offers by the middle of May. Email questions regarding the application form to CEC Scholarship Chair, Matt Thatcher at email@example.com.
Columbia Sailing Club Scholarship
This scholarship is available to incoming CEC freshmen or rising sophomores who have an interest in sailing. Preference is given to students with above-average ACT/SAT scores or USC GPA.
To apply, submit a one to two-page short essay to Stefanie Perrell at firstname.lastname@example.org, describing your past and future interests in sailing and how you may wish to integrate competitive or recreational sailing into your life as a student and/or how you might promote the sport of sailing among your peers at USC. Deadline for submission is March 15.