Employment Opportunities within the College of Engineering and Computing
To view at USC jobs, visit USC Jobs Website.
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or decisions for qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Assistant Dean for Research – College of Engineering and Computing
The College of Engineering and Computing (CEC) invites nominations and applications for an internal search for the position of Assistant Dean for Research.
The Assistant Dean for Research provides leadership and support to advance the research enterprise of the College of Engineering and Computing. The primary goals of the College are to enhance success of the faculty in building research programs and to advance scholarly development of graduate students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Dean for Research provides assistance to the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies, with focus on:
- Targeting strategic multi-disciplinary research initiatives and aligning the necessary resources to successfully pursue those initiatives;
- Providing support to faculty developing strategic multi-disciplinary research initiatives;
- Contributing to college-wide efforts concerning intellectual property, technology transfer, research, and regulatory compliance;
- Cultivating research partnerships with other University units and with research entities outside the University;
- Traveling in support of strategic research initiatives to meet with program managers and other decision makers;
- Supporting effective interaction between the departments, the College, and the University around grant and contract submission and management;
- Working on initiatives related to scholarly development of graduate students;
- Developing resources that enhance the research enterprise in the College.
The qualifications are:
- Tenured at the rank of full professor in the College of Engineering and Computing
- A strong record of funded research as PI and co-PI, especially multi-department and multi-institution groups, and graduate student supervision.
- A record of assisting other faculty and/or junior researchers in the advancement of their research.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other administrative units.
- An understanding of and appreciation for the breadth of faculty scholarship, research, and creative activities in the College.
Application for Position
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, a brief description of their vision for the position and a resume by email to email@example.com , or by mail to Ruth Heacock.
Assistant Dean for Research
c/o Office of the Dean
College of Engineering and Computing
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208
Initial review of the files will begin in the first of September and will continue until the position is filled.