Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Russell House Ballroom
Women’s Leadership Institute is designed for faculty, staff, and graduate students from SC institutions of higher education who are interested in the advancement and success of women in leadership roles. The Institute will feature workshops, interactive presentations, and a networking luncheon centered on promoting greater awareness of the challenges and opportunities women face as they seek to achieve a work/life balance. There will also be a time for participants to informally network, if the workshop tracks do not meet their needs.
Featured topics of the 8th included:
- Achieving Confidence in Your Lifestyle: The Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet, Patricia Moore-Pastides, First Lady of the University of South Carolina
- Beyond "Just Working" with Other Generations: How to Build Understanding and Competently Leverage Everyone's Strengths, Georgia Holmes Doran, Office of Career Management, Moore School of Business, University of South Carolina
- Caring for an Aging Parent, Vivian Moore, Palmetto Health
- Equipping Women to Run for Political Office, Candy Waites & Barbara Rackes, SC Elects Women
- Personal and Political Advocacy, Candy Waites & Barbara Rackes, SC Elects Women
- Single but not solo: Life of a Single Mom, Gayle Haddock, Office of Research, University of South Carolina
- What do young women need in a mentor?, Mary Lohman, Girls on the Run
- What do young women need in a mentor?, Monika Carey-Green, DIVA International, Inc