John J. Duffy Excellence in Teaching Award
Nominations will be submitted by each USC regional campus including Extended University to the Regional Campuses Welfare Committee. Eligible full-time regional campus faculty may be nominated. Each campus will decide how the nomination process takes place at the institutional level. There is a limit of five (5) nominees per campus allowing each campus’ division, if desired, to have a nominee.
Required Materials for Nominee's file:
A narrative which summarizes the candidate's philosophy of teaching, involvement in teaching, advising, and mentoring of students.
A summary of teaching, student research, advisement, mentoring activities, awards. Suggestions for the summary:
- Course or Program Development such as courses taught/developed, program development or revision, instructional materials developed for students, uses of current and emerging technologies
- Advisement and career counseling such as development of advisement materials, awards or recognitions
- Research or independent study supervision such as nature and quality of student performance, nature and quality of supervision, nature and quality of outcomes or products
- Mentoring and instructional support to colleagues, excerpts of letters from those assisted, description of support offered
- Delivery of instruction, syllabi, course requirements and assessment approaches
- Evaluation of student learning, student-generated products, examples of completed assignments
- Class sizes
- Assessment results (such as Standardized Assessment tests, exit exams)
- Professional growth activities leading to improved teaching
- Community service activities leading to improved teaching
The submitted material has a 7-page limit, not including the vita, and should be in one PDF file with 12 pt font, double-spacing, and 1-inch margins.
- All names for the award must come from each regional campus' nominating body.
The selection committee will make a recommendation to the Vice Provost and Executive Dean of System Affairs and Extended University, who will select the winner. The winner will be announced at the last Regional Campuses Senate Meeting of the academic year.
More about the award, eligibility, and the nomination process:
John J. Duffy Excellence in Teaching Award (PDF)
[BACK TO TOP]
|| Leandro Junes
|| USC Sumter