Fashion Board at USC rolls out the red carpet
By: Frenche Brewer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 803-777-3691
The Fashion Board at the University of South Carolina is set to host its fifth annual Fashion Week event April 8-11.
Keynote speaker Amy Flurry, the former editor of the style magazine “Lucky,” a student designer showcase and a doggy fashion show benefitting the Columbia Humane Society headline the week’s style events. Anne Postic, aka Columbia style blogger The Shop Tart, will moderate a fashion symposium.
“We've been working hard all year and are so excited for this coming Fashion Week” says Danielle Minter, fashion board president. “ It’s amazing how much I've seen Fashion Board and Fashion Week grow in my four years here and I can’t wait to see what the next year brings.”
USC Fashion Week finishes with a fashion show finale, featuring spring trends from Columbia boutiques. At the finale the board will award scholarships to Fashion Board members who have helped the organization throughout the year.
The Fashion Board at USC is sponsored by the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management. With more than 200 members, the Fashion Board seeks to educate, promote and provide its members experience in the fashion industry while giving back to the community.
Fashion Week at USC events
- Monday-kick off at Russell House on Greene Street 11 a.m.-2 p.m. with music, food and fashion week merchandise; doggy fashion show, 5 p.m., Davis Field
- Tuesday-Student Designer Showcase, 7 p.m., 701 Whaley, $7
- Wednesday-symposium featuring Amy Flurry, style editor, "Lucky" magazine, 7 p.m. Columbia Museum of Art, free
- Thursday-fashion show finale featuring Columbia's top boutiques, announcing winner of Student Designer Showcase and a silent auction, 7 p.m., 701 Whaley, $7 ***bundled package $10 for Tuesday and Thursday fashion shows
- Friday-Greene Street celebration