Instructions for Freshman Applicants
- Make sure to review application deadlines.
- Review required high school courses.
- Make sure to take the SAT or ACT in time to meet the credentials deadline. If you have already taken either test, please be sure to have your scores on hand.
- Have needed materials ready before you begin the application:
- Copy of your high school transcript. We ask you to self-report your high school grades and classes. We also ask that you send an official high-school transcript in by the credentials deadline. Your self-reported information will help us process and review your application.
- Your SAT or ACT test scores, if you have already taken the test. If you haven’t OR you’re planning on taking the test again, tell us your test dates as well.
- Your guidance counselor email address and telephone number. We will send an electronic copy of the guidance counselor form to the email address you provide.
- Personal statement. This is a required part of the application. You will use the following prompt:
- Tell us something that you have not already told us in this application that will help us to better understand your potential for academic success as a college student.
In this video, Admissions Representative Jordan Lehr provides a quick overview of the freshman application, along with some helpful tips.
With more than 70 majors in 15 colleges, you can create the USC academic program that meets your needs.
Review the high school core courses and curriculum that will help prepare you for admission to the University of South Carolina....learn more
Your success in the admission process depends on meeting important USC deadlines....learn more
AP, IB Credit
Discover how to receive USC credit for Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) courses....learn more