The Network Username is used to access university email, the wired and wireless networks, Blackboard and other university systems. The Network Username is a unique, automatically generated combination of your first and last names consisting of up to eight-characters. If your last name is common, your Network Username may contain your middle initial or numbers.
- Your Network Username is automatically assigned to you when you become employed by the university.
- You can view your Network Username and manage your password in my.sc.edu.
- You must have a valid password for your Network Username.
- For security purposes, your Network Username password will expire every six months. You will receive an email from the UTS Service Desk when your password is nearing expiration.
- Never reveal your password to anyone. No university employee will ask for your password.
- If you forget your password, you can establish a new password at my.sc.edu.
- Resetting the password for your Network Username will change it for all systems that use the Network Username and password for login access.
- You can test your Network Username and password to ensure you are using the correct credentials.
- You can change your Network Username if your name changes or if the ID is offensive.
- Sponsored guests can be assigned a Network Username when requested by a network manager. The username will expire after a period of time.
- Sponsored affiliates can be assigned a Network Username if sponsored by a department. See the University Affiliate Appointments policy for more information.
- Need assistance with your Network Username? Contact the UTS Service Desk.