Preparing to Return
1. Course Registration: Prior to registration for the semester following your study abroad program, contact your academic advisor by email to request that he/she remove any holds from your registration and to discuss your course selection.
2. Financial Aid: If you need financial aid for the academic year following your time abroad, you should apply by the deadline for fall semester. If you receive any state aid, such as LIFE and Palmetto scholarships, and cannot pay your fall bill without using this aid, then complete the State Aid Tuition Deferment Request Form and return it to the Study Abroad Office by July 15. This process is only applicable to students studying abroad in spring, academic year, and summer, and you will receive an email from the Study Abroad Office with instructions.
3. Securing your Transcript: Before you leave your host institution you must confirm that your host institution will send an original transcript to the Study Abroad Office at 1705 College Street, Suite 453, Columbia SC 29208.
4. Housing: If you plan to live on-campus when you return to USC, apply with the USC Housing Office by their posted deadlines.
5. Evaluation: Help us maintain quality services and programs by completing the Post-Study Abroad Program Evaluation that will be emailed to you upon completion of your program.
6. Get Involved: Prepare to stay involved internationally upon returning to campus through volunteering for study abroad events, joining the Study Abroad Association, becoming active in the International Student Association, or a similar activity.