PART 1: Initial Application
- Log on to Symplicity and set a password.
- Go to APPLY FOR PROGRAM and search for "USC in Costa Rica", "USC in Italy", "USC in Taiwan" or "USC in the Galapagos".
- Complete and submit the program application online.
- Pay the $150 Study Abroad Fee
- Complete the Global Classroom Online Orientation & Quiz (works best with Mozilla Firefox):
- Log into Blackboard and click on the "Community" tab
- On the left, under "Organization Search", type in "study abroad orientation"
- Click "Go". Blackboard will search and come back with the "Browse Organization Catalog" page. The "Study Abroad Orientation" organization will be listed under its ID of “STUDY-ABROAD-ORIEN”
- Hover over the organization ID to get the small gray action arrow to the right of the ID
- Click on the arrow, and select "Enroll"
- You will be required to add the access code to enroll. Type in the word "orientation".
- Watch Global Classroom Online Orientation video and complete Global Classroom Online Orientation quiz.
PART 2: Upon Acceptance into Program
- Pay the $500 deposit to hold your place on the program
- For students who receive financial aid (including scholarships and loans), submit the following directly to the Financial Aid Office:
- Attend mandatory group pre-departure meetings