Although decisions regarding disability-specific accommodations are made on a case
by case basis, review the accommodations for each type of disability that are most often provided.
Please speak with your professor about your registration with our office and your
accommodations before submitting requests. Professor consent is often required before
any accommodations are provided.
- Purpose of form: Initiates a request for our office to send letters to your professors about your accommodations.
- You will need: Course number, section number, professor name and professor email address.
Must be submitted seven weekdays in advance of exam date.
- Purpose of form: Request that a test be taken in the proctoring room of the Student Disabilities Resource Center instead of the scheduled test location.
- You will need: Class test date and time, course number, section number, professor name and professor
- Purpose of form: Request alternative format for your textbook. This will help ensure your books will be ordered in a timely manner. It typically takes 2 – 4 weeks to obtain a book.
- You will need: Book title, book edition, publisher, publish date, ISBN number and proof of purchase.
- If a student requires a note taker as part of your accommodations, please email email@example.com.
- Purpose of form: Request a sign language interpreter and/or captioning for a class or university event (i.e. guest speaker).
- You will need: Event name, date, time and location; event contact person name, phone and email.
- Purpose of form: Used when there is not a wheelchair desk available in a classroom.
- You will need: Course number, building and room number.
- Purpose of form: A student who is approved for a reduced course load must complete the form for financial aid to recognize you as a full-time student with a lighter course load.
- It is recommended to submit the request for financial aid at the beginning of the semester.
- If you are taking a reduced course load of less than 12 hours, you will be required
to pay additional fees such as health, athletics or other non-academic fees as appropriate
in order to participate in these activities. The Bursar's Office provides additional
details about these optional fees.
- Purpose of form: Notify the USC Facilities department if there is an area on campus that makes it very difficult, or impossible, for you to reach your destination (such as a walkway through campus, entrance/exit area of a building, or elevator in a hallway) and there is no alternative route you can take.
A Note to Parents
You’ve been there for your student. Now “being there” means allowing and encouraging your student to manage his or her responsibilities, needs and disability. Only the most extreme circumstances, such as those that seriously threaten the health of the student, allow for direct parental or other family involvement.
Waiver to Share Information
Students can sign a waiver in our main office to share information with parents. However, even if the student has signed this waiver, the office may still only communicate with parents or other parties with the student present.